A healthier and happier world through the dissemination of traditional Chinese Daoist philosophies and mind body health practices.
The Daoist Benevolent Association (DBA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation based in the state of Massachusetts owned by Zhou Hong Liang (birth name) or Zhou Xuan Yun (Daoist name). The DBA is a Daoist Temple disseminating traditional Chinese Daoist philosophies and mind body health practices. We offer Daoist mind body therapies i.e. taiji, qi gong therapy and various meditative practices, kung fu and traditional Chinese medicine treatments (TCM). The DBA is open to everyone, and is committed to providing a safe and nurturing community environment.
- Educate and familiarize the general public with traditional Chinese Daoist philosophies and body mind therapies
- Educate the community and its members in natural methods of promoting health and improving quality of life and self-discipline through the Daoist mind body health practices of taijiquan, qigong, acupuncture, acupressure, and energetic healing
- Counteract deleterious effects of stress in everyday living
- Promote traditional Chinese medicine
- Propagate Daoist knowledge and techniques throughout the United States and internationally.
- The promotion of health and healing through traditional Chinese Daoist philosophies and body mind therapies.
- Educate the public on maintaining and promoting a healthy body, balanced mind and sense of wellbeing in accordance with traditional Daoist teachings of Qi Gong and Tai Ji, relaxation and stress management.
- Provide the community with cost effective therapeutic services and body mind therapies and discipline. In addition introduce traditional Chinese Daoist culture and body mind therapies into the growing field of integrative medicine which combines western allopathic medicine with complementary and alternative medicine.
- Support and conduct inter-religious communication and exchange activities and events.
- Build character and Promote the principles of discipline, focus, and respect in the juvenile population through the focused teachings of traditional Chinese martial arts
- Compassion – Demonstrate compassion for our members and students, conducting ourselves in a caring manner and abiding by rules of confidentiality to maintain a sense of security and comfort for our members and students
- Commitment – Maintain a commitment to benefit the health and quality of life of our members and students by incorporating a variety of therapeutic and supportive services
- Community – Develop a sense of community and family amongst our members and students with a safe and comfortable environment that nurtures an open exchange of knowledge and support
- President (Founder): Daoist Monk Zhou Xuan Yun
- Treasurer: Sophia Chan, DPT, MAOM, Lic. Ac. CSCS
- Clerk: Henry Lee, MAOM, Lic. Ac
- Assistant Clerk: Stacy Ames
- Director of Fundraising: Kathleen Kondylas